Driver Improvement Program
Driver Improvement Program (DIP)
About the Driver Improvement Program (DIP)
The Driver Improvement Program (DIP) is an instructional program that is intended to provide driver rehabilitation. One of the reasons you may have been assigned to the driver improvement program for could be:
- A District Court Judge referred you;
- You were referred by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) in the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH);
- You were convicted or granted probation before judgment for a moving violation while holding a provisional driver’s license.
- or You have accumulated 5 or more points within a two year period.
If a judge decided that you must attend a driver improvement program, you will receive a letter from the MVA approximately 4-6 weeks after your hearing date.
Price- $70 CASH OR CREDIT CARD ONLY
Completing the DIP
The DIP program is to be completed in-person only.
The Ultimate Driving School, LLC will notify the Maryland MVA of a student’s DIP completion within 24 hours. The student will also receive proof of completion.
ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE!!!
Call (410) 273-1326 for upcoming classes as dates are subject to change
What to Bring
Notifying the MVA
• MVA or court referral letter. (You must have in order to attend.)
• $70 cash or credit card
• Maryland license number, so we can notify the MVA of your completion. If you ever had a Maryland license or ID card you have a Maryland license number
• photo ID- No Exceptions
• If you misplace your referral letter and need a duplicate referral letter to take to class, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, contact the Driver Improvement Programs unit in the Driver Instructional Services Division at (410) 787-7817 or visit an MVA branch office. If you visit a branch office, the branch representative will contact the DIP unit, which will print the duplicate referral letter. The letter will be available at the counter or will be faxed or mailed to you within 24 hours.